Skip to main content

Gewandhaus




A year ago, or so, I started envisioning architectural installation quilts - deconstructing and subverting the notion of what a quilt is, while simultaneously celebrating the convention of a quilt as comfort and shelter.  I believe place has an inevitable and indelible imprint on creativity and the forms of its expression.  I grew up surrounded the utility buildings that support Midwestern agriculture and I'm still inspired by those clean, no-nonsense shapes and lines.  
I hope to someday realize my Gewandhaus (cloth hall).   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Portrait Erick Wolfmeyer: des quilts autobiographiques, Quilt Country, Les Éditions de Saxe (France), Summer 2018

A nice feature in Quilt Country Les Éditions de Saxe ,  which includes a pattern of Smokehaus Rose (2010).

Class @ Home Ec Workshop, FEB 8 & 15, 2014

  SATs FEB 8 & 15, 10A-1P, Home Ec Workshop , Iowa City "Wonky" Double Cross Learn to make this wonderful quilt pattern by Pam Rocco. Work toward a finished 50" x 50" quilt in this 6-hr class, or take the top home and make three more to construct a quilt fit for a QUEEN! Perfect gift for a bun in the oven or for someone you love bunches! Whimsical and loose: recovering perfectionists welcome